World Umbrella Day Event
POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE DUE TO COVID RESTRICTIONS
- we will deliver this event when it is safe to do so
Image: Sophia with her decorated umbrella and other entries in our Brilliant Brolly competition in 2019.
Celebrate the invention of the amazing umbrella at our World Umbrella Day event. There will be free themed activities for the whole family, an umbrella parade with prizes, and light refreshments all in the beautiful surrounds of our sculpture garden.
Umbrella entries close at 2:45pm
Winners announced at 3:00pm
Covid Safe Requirements
- Each attendee is asked to do a symptom self-assessment prior to leaving home and not attend if they are unwell or have been instructed to isolate or quarantine. Do you not attend if you have any of the following symptoms: fever, chills or sweats, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose, loss or change in sense of smell or taste.
- Attendees must maintain at least 1.5m physical distance between those from other groups at all times
- Attendees will be required to provide contact details prior to entering the event
- Covid Safe Registration checklist can be viewed here
Prepare for the parade!
Decorate an umbrella you already have, or purchase a white umbrella from us to decorate at home. Or you can simply bring your favorite umbrella from home to join in the parade. You can even dress up to match your brolly!
Hints for decorating your umbrella
White umbrellas are available from the studio during regular opening hours or at the event at $10 each.
Limited Edition Umbrella
Buy a limited edition umbrella designed by our Founder Eva de Jong-Duldig and launched to celebrate the 80th anniversary of the Duldig family's arrival in Australia.
Slawa Horowitz-Duldig invented the modern folding umbrella in Vienna in 1929. It was manufactured in Austria and Germany and marketed throughout Europe. After the Duldig family fled Austria in 1938 she was forced to sell all her patent rights. Slawa’s daughter, Eva de Jong-Duldig, designed the umbrella for the Duldig Studio in 2019.
Cost: $45 each - available now for pre-order.
The umbrella will be launched at our World Umbrella Day event on Sunday 14 February and will be posted after this date.